Over 20 years of success
With over 25 years of success as a programmer, keyboardist, composer, sound effects editor, music editor and music director for record projects, films and tours, Mike McKnight has worked for numerous artists, producers and production companies throughout the world.
Professional recording studio
He runs a professional recording studio with hard disk recording (MOTU & Pro Tools) and a large MIDI system for preproduction, tracking and remixing.
Major world tours
Mike can provide you with sequencing of all musical, percussion, vocals, custom synthesizer programming and musical direction for major (world) tours and/or record projects.
Film composer and sound designer
Mike can compose the music and do the sound effects for your feature or short film. Mike has a huge library of sound effects and music libraries for your project.
Clients include Roger Waters, The Who, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Earth Wind and Fire, Michael Jackson, Don Henley, Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez, Janet Jackson, U2, Shakira, George Michael, Paula Abdul, Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen, Whitney Houston, Lenny Kravitz, TLC, Celine Dion, Jennifer Lopez, Chicago and many more.
Expert in his field
Mike is a columnist for Keyboard Magazine and serves as a beta tester and adviser to many of the top music software and hardware companies. Member AFM Local 47 and NARAS. Have a look around and please do not hesitate to contact Mike!
Earth, Wind & Fire
And many more...
- ROGER WATERS – “This Is Not a Drill” World Tour 2022-2023
- ROGER WATERS – “Us and Them” – World Tour 2017 – 2019
- ROGER WATERS – “The Wall Live” Tour 2010 – 2013
- THE WHO – “The Who Hits Back!” USA and Europe 2022-2023
- MARIAH CAREY – 1996 – 2022 Tours
- HARRY STYLES – 2021 – 2023 Tour Covid sub playback engineer
- ADELE – 2022 Caesars Palace Residency Covid sub playback engineer
- DON HENLEY – “Cass County” Tour 2015
- LADY GAGA – 2014 tour programming
- SELENA GOMEZ – 2013 Tour
- ALEX KOGAN – 2013 Russia-Ukraine Tour
- MICHAEL JACKSON 2009” This is It” Tour: Sound design and Digital Performer programming.
- MADONNA – 1990 – “Blond Ambition”, 1993 – “The Girlie Show”, 2001 – “Drowned World” and 2004 – “Reinvention” World Tours
- BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN – 2002 – 2003 Tour Programming
- SHAKIRA – 2002 – 2003 Tour Programming
- U2 – 2001 Tour programming and first 4 shows
- TLC – 1999 – 2000 Tour
- FLEETWOOD MAC – 1997 Tour Programming
- WHITNEY HOUSTON – 1991 – 2000 Tour Programming
- PAULA ABDUL – 1991 – 1992 “Spellbound” World Tour & 1995 – 1996 Japan Tour (as Musical Director); 2019 Flamingo Residency
- EARTH WIND & FIRE – 1987 – 1997 and 2022 Tours
- LIONEL RICHIE – 1998 and 1999 tour programming
- BARRY MANILOW – 1997 Tour Programming
- CHICAGO – 1995 – 2000 Tour Programming
- JANET JACKSON – 1993 – 1995 Tour Programming
- MOTLEY CRUE – 1994 Tour Programming
- LENNY KRAVITZ – 1991 Tour Programming
- DIANA ROSS – 1989 Tour Programming
- TOM JONES – 1988 Tour programming
- JULIO IGLESIAS – 1988 Tour Programming
Television shows, Film credits
- HEROES – 2022 Award winning short film. Composer
- THE TERMS OF US – Award winning short film 2019. Composer
- STOLEN BREATH, THE TRUTH REVEALED – Feature film 2019. Composer, sound design and mixing
- 22 YEARS – Award winning short film 2015. Composer and mixing.
- LIKE MIKE – Short film 2010. Composer and additional sound effects.
- PROJECT ABADDON – Feature Film in progress 2023. Co-composer and sound effects.
- MARIAH CAREY – 1996 – 2022. ABC Christmas Special, Disney Christmas Special, Tribute to Heroes, AMA, BET, Grammys, VH1 Divas Live, MTV Video Awards, Blockbuster Video Music Awards, SNL, Oprah, Letterman, Rosie, The View; Billboard Awards 2015
- ROGER WATERS – 12/12/12 Tribute for Hurricane Sandy; Stand Up for Heroes 2013; -The Wall- Feature Movie 2015. “Us and Them” Feature movie 2018
- DON HENLEY – Austin City Limits 2015
- CHRISTINA AGUILERA – 2010 Oprah and VH1 shows.
- AMERICAN IDOL – Season 6 – Jennifer Lopez; Idol Gives Back (Celine Dion and Elvis Duet; Josh Groban; Earth Wind and Fire; El Divo & Rascal Flats); Pink; Season 5 – Carrie Underwood; Stevie Wonder; & Season 5 Finale
- KATHERINE MC PHEE – 2007 Promo Tour Jay Leno, Today Show, Regis and Kelly, AOL sessions, Rachel Rae, Jimmie Kimmel
- U2 – Grammys & British Music Awards 2001
- JENNIFER LOPEZ, Ja Rule, and LL Cool J – MTV USO Show 2001, Oprah 2002, Today Show, American Idol, Ellen 2007
- MADONNA – American and British Music Awards 1995; HBO 1993, 2001 & 2004: MTV Europe Awards 2005
- CELINE DION – 1998 Grammys, 2007 American Idol duet with Elvis Presley
- GEORGE MICHAEL – 5 Live 1995, Older 1996, and -Best of George Michael- 1998
- SPICE GIRLS – SNL, Letterman & Rosie O-Donnell TV show 1997
- WHITNEY HOUSTON – Super Bowl, Soul Train, Nickelodeon, Grammys & Oprah 1994 – 2000
- EARTH WIND & FIRE – Heritage, Millennium & Greatest Hits Live CDs; Today Show, HBO, VH1, Grace Under Fire, NHK 1987 – 1997
- 98 DEGREES – TV Special and Promotional Dates – 2000
- BATMAN AND ROBIN – 1997 film “Poison Ivy” scene programming.
- PAULA ABDUL – MTV, HBO & NHK – 1992
- DAVID FOSTER and friends shows with Barbra Streisand, Usher, Mary J Blige, Josh Groban, William Joseph, and Rene Olestad,
- EL DEBARGE – “In the Storm “1992 programming
- JAMES INGRAM – “Only You “1993 programming
- THE SIMPSONS YELLOW ALBUM – 1990 programming
“Mike is the consummate professional and he’s second to none. It’s always a huge relief to know that Mike is involved in a project. He’s thorough, efficient, works tirelessly and makes everyone else’s job THAT much easier. He’s the first one there and the last one to leave. When you step into Mike’s world and watch him work a live show, nothing goes wrong. He’s focused, knows each venue and it’s limitations and anticipates the unexpected. Day after day, show after show, tour after tour. There is no second call. If Mike’s not available to do a project, you will need to hire two very talented and experienced people to even come close. He gets my highest recommendation and respect.”
“Mike McKnight, is, truly, a master craftsman in his field. He is an innovator and leader in the art of live concert performance / tour support. As an accomplished and talented musician and computer audio programmer, Michael brings nothing less than his best to every show and tour he is involved in. He is one of THE MOST (extremely) professional and highly skilled people I know in the music business. I have done many live shows with Mike and I am ALWAYS impressed with his focus, his attention to detail, his ability and his skill in handling what absolutely has to be one of THE hottest and most demanding seats to sit in during a live show. Mike?s job is one of immense responsibility. Mike always comes through with flying colors. Mike is a strong team player and is highly respected in the music industry. I am always relieved to know that Michael is going to be a part of the show. I know with his support, the show is going be a success.”
“Mike has always been an innovator in this particular field. Many of us in the business would not have the opportunity to work if Mike had not been there to invent and prove the position, in technical practice as well as in hardware that has been made and modified for the particular need. Always patient and willing to share his knowledge and expertise, Mike is a strong team player and a truly committed individual.”
- Sequential Circuits Prophet 10, Pro 3 SE, Take 5 synthesizers.
- Sequential Circuits Oberheim OBX 8 synthesizer 2023 version
- Nord Stage 3 Compact keyboard
- Korg Kronos 61 keyboard
- Novation Summit keyboard
- Fender Rhodes Stage 1977
- Yamaha CP70B Electric Grand 1987
- Oxygen 88 key Controller
- Roland A88 controller
- Studio Logic SL88 controller
- MOTU Interfaces 4-112D; 4-24A0; 1-828es; 4-M64; 2-16A; 1-24AI
- iConnectivity intefaces – 3 MIOXL; 3 MIOXM; 4 Play Audio 12
- Universal Audio – 3-Apollo Twin X and 1-UAD 2 Octo Core Satellite
- Apple Computers – 6 Mac Mini; 4 – Mac Book Pro
- DAWs – Digital Performer, Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton Live, and Cubase 12
- Multiple touring rigs for playback ranging from fly rigs up to large touring playback and recording systems in Jan Al Road cases MADI and analog.
- 16TB Sound effects library and Sound Miner V5pro
- Pro Presenter 7 for teleprompter
- Huge library of plugins and virtual instruments
- Mackie, Reftone and Yamaha Near field monitors
- Steven Slate VMS ML-1 Microphone system.
- Steven Slate VSX Modeling headphone system.
- Radial Key Largo Mixer
- Radial KL8 Mixer
- Radial SW8 USB interface
- 4 Radial SW8 Mark 2 auto switchers
- Motion Sound SL512 Amp
- Behringer X32 mixer
- Numerous peripherals, microphones, accessories and keyboard stands.
34145 Pacific Coast Highway
Dana Point, CA 92629
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio- and/or video clips, and software, is the property of McKnight Sounds Inc. or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws.
Unauthorized reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance of the content on this site is strictly prohibited.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the information contained in this website is correct, no rights can be derived from the contents of this website;
We disclaim all warranties with regard to the information provided on our webpages. In no event shall we be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the information here provided.
In case of any questions and/or remarks, please contact us.